Building Inspector/Building Subcode Official
The Borough of Northvale is seeking a part time Building Inspector/Building Subcode
Applicants must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License and a valid Building
Inspector HHS and Building Subode Official licenses issued by the New Jersey
Department of Community Affairs. A minimum of 5 years experience is preferred. Multi
discipline licenses a plus.
Flexible hours, weekdays – 6 hours per week.
Salary Commensurate with experience.
The Borough of Northvale is an equal opportunity employee. Applicant must be a New
Please email resume and cover letter to Frances Weston, Municipal Clerk.
Part-Time Van Driver
The Borough of Northvale is seeking a Part-Time Van Driver to serve members of the Senior Center and Northvale residents over age 55. The Van Driver will report to the Senior Center Director, and will be responsible for transporting seniors to and from their homes, the senior center, appointments or errands, and local trips. They may also need to assist seniors with getting on and off the van if needed, in addition to ensuring a safe trip for all passengers. Other responsibilities include having the van fueled, washed, and brought in for any required maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to operate the Senior Van in a safe and courteous manner and follow transportation laws and regulations
• Perform pre-trip inspections and ensure the van has adequate gas for each trip
• Maintain, refuel, and have van cleaned as needed
• Ensure safety of all seniors before, during, and after each trip including assisting them getting on and off the van
• Drive seniors to and from the Center and doctor appointments as needed, one grocery shopping trip weekly, and at least one special shopping or recreational trip per month
• Maintain a record of each run and inform the Center of all scheduled trips
Must possess CDL license with passenger endorsement
• Sitting, bending, standing, kneeling, and walking
• Assist seniors getting on and off van
• Assist seniors with bags and/or packages
Mondays and Fridays from 9 AM – 2 PM and as needed